Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Getting To Know Us

A book I highly recommend:
Malone: Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
Brittany: The Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull

My favorite flower is:
Malone: I love surprising Brittany with her favorite flowers
Brittany: White roses with hot pink tips

A game I like to play is:
Malone: Mario Kart on the Wii
Brittany: The Great Dalmuti card game

The music I listen to most is:
Malone: I usually listen to a variety, but most often I probably listen to jazz.
Brittany: Pretty much everything except super hard rock or elevator music.

A movie I watch over and over is:
Malone: Lord of the Rings
Brittany: Sabrina with Harrison Ford and Julia Ormond

A T.V. show I watch regularly is:
Malone: Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel
Brittany: Everybody Loves Raymond... It's always good for a laugh

My favorite quote is:
Malone: "Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value" -Albert Einstein
Brittany: "You're not geniuses, I know that. But the work of the world isn't done by geniuses. It's done by ordinary people who have learned to work in an extraordinary way."- President Gordon B. Hinckley

My favorite thing to buy is:
Malone: I love to buy a new game every once in a while
Brittany: This might sound silly, but I absolutely love buying Christmas things on sale after the holidays are over.

I love to collect:
Malone: Penguins and dvd's
Brittany: Willow Tree figurines and Christmas village pieces

If I could afford to buy anything at the moment I would buy:
Malone: A Mazda RX 8
Brittany: Our own home

If my house were burning down and I could only rescue three things, they would be:
Malone: Brittany would be my first priority, our hard copy pictures, and our vital documents.
Brittany: My husband of course, my cedar chest full of irreplaceable memorabilia like pictures and my wedding dress, and our computer hard drive.

A smell that makes me pause is:
Malone: The smell outside after it just rained
Brittany: Apple cinnamon and baking cookies

My favorite sport to watch is:
Malone: Baseball
Brittany: Soccer

The city I would like to visit most is:
Malone: Domestically- Seattle, Washington where my dad served his mission, Internationally- Johannesburg, South Africa
Brittany: Domestically- Orlando, Florida, Internationally- London, England.

My favorite restaraunt is:
Malone: Really, any good sushi or Mexican restaurant is my favorite.
Brittany: Olive Garden

A moment when I achieved absolute happiness was:
Malone: The moment Brittany agreed to be my wife.
Brittany: The day Malone and I were married for time and all eternity.

My favorite meal is:
Malone: Brittany's homemade chicken noodle soup.
Brittany: I love anything Malone throws on our barbecue, but I especially love it when he makes steak with mushrooms and carmelized onions, real mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and for dessert Malone's cinnamon rolls.

A piece of music that makes me sentimental is:
Malone: A Wonderful World by Louie Armstrong
Brittany: You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban

Someone or something that made me laugh this week was:
Malone: My little nephew Kieran. He doesn't giggle like most babies, he chuckles. It's pretty darn cute.
Brittany: I work with disabled adults, and my clients make me laugh EVERY day!

My earliest memory is:
Malone: The time I colored pictures and then stuck them all to the wall with shortening. All my mom could do was laugh.
Brittany: Sitting on my grandpa's lap while he was tickling me. I suppose I was about two or three years old.

My first paying job was:
Malone: Working for my grandpa cleaning up his machine shop.
Brittany: Aside from babysitting, my first real job was as a 4-H Camp counselor. Which, ironically, is sort of like babysitting.

The memory that still makes me laugh is:
Malone: When I was a kid, I discovered how well sopping wet toilet paper sticks to ceilings.
Brittany: When I was younger, I convinced myself that frozen orange juice concentrate would taste exactly like a slushy, so I got a can out of the freezer. After one bite, I knew it was NOT a slushy but I didn't want to get in trouble so I buried the evidence in my backyard.

My best birthday was:
Malone: When I turned 10, my parents had a bowling party for me and I got to invite all my friends.
Brittany: When I was about six or seven, my dad handmade me a new bed. That was pretty much the best year EVER!

A smell that reminds me of my childhood is:
Malone: My mom's cowboy cookies
Brittany: My mom's perfume. I would never wear it myself, but I love it because it reminds me of her.

The story behind my name is:
Malone: I am named after a church leader in Tallahassee Florida whom my parents really looked up to.
Brittany: Well, my first name was really just chosen because my parents thought it was cute. But my middle name, Ann, was named for my two grandmothers- JoANN, and ANNabelle.

My favorite color to wear is:
Malone: I like to wear blue for Brittany because she loves the way it brings out my blue eyes.
Brittany: I like dark colors like purple, black, navy, etc...

The strangest possession I own is:
Malone: My parents started giving me penguins for Christmas, and it has snowballed into a giant penguin collection.
Brittany: I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I own the original 'N Sync CD.

My favorite dessert is:
Malone: Heath Bars
Brittany: I love the cake batter ice cream from Cold Stone in a waffle bowl with strawberries mixed in.

When I exercise I like to:
Malone: Listen to books that I've uploaded to my cell phone.
Brittany: Listen to music or a book that I uploaded to my phone. Really, I like anything that takes my mind off the burning in my muscles.

My favorite thing to do on a date is:
Malone: One thing we love to do is to stay at home and cook a great meal together and then play a fun game.
Brittany: I love it when Malone surprises me by taking me out to a nice restaraunt, to a show, or out to some other fun thing.

The best vacation I ever had was:
Malone: My family always did a lot of traveling, but I especially loved one of our many trips to Florida. We snorkeled in the ocean, and I held a live seahorse in my hand under water. We spent a lot of time on the beach and we all loved crab fishing.
Brittany: My family took a camping trip to Goblin Valley state park and we played hide and seek in the rock formations until we were sick of it.

The best thing about being married is:
Malone: To always have someone there to talk to or spend time with. It used to surprise me that no matter how much time Brittany and I spend together, we never get sick of each other.
Brittany: Being able to snuggle with Malone whenever I want.

The thing I am most passionate about is:
Malone: Making sure that Brittany is happy every day.
Brittany: Loving my husband and expanding our family

What is one thing you did as a child that you hope your child will NOT emulate:
Malone: When I was five, my parents played a trick on me that I took seriously. They would stand in another room and call into the heater vent things like, "This is the heater god, you must eat your vegetables and clean your room!" So I decided that I should "sacrifice" some of my toys to the "heater god" by throwing them down the vent. I guess after a while I had decided that toys were no longer enough, so I tried to "sacrifice" my little brother by tricking him into falling down the vent. Oops!
Brittany: From what I hear, it's pretty common for small children to be fascinated with splashing their hands in the toilet. But my mom always told me that I was never satisfied with just playing in the water with my hands. She says I actually used to climb into the toilet and flush it. Gross, right?

1 comment:

  1. Great with detailed information. It is really very helpful for us.
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete